FeedMore WNY to hold special mobile food pantry distributions to respond to increased need for food assistance due to COVID-19 crisis
News release date: December 1, 2020
FeedMore WNY has added 16 additional food distributions to its mobile food pantry schedule during the month of December as a part of its response to the increased need for food assistance in the community due to the ongoing pandemic.
The special mobile food pantry distributions will be held at the following times and locations:
* Resurrection Life Food Pantry, 145 Old Union Road, Cheektowaga, 14227, Tuesday, December 1 and Tuesday, December 15 from 10 a.m. to noon on both days.
* Taste of Faith Food Pantry, 594 Winslow Ave., Buffalo, 14211, Wednesday, December 2 and Wednesday, December 16 from 10 a.m. to noon on both days.
* Bread of Life Outreach Center (distribution at Colden Fire Company), 8448 Gutekunst Road, Colden, 14033, Thursday, December 3 and Thursday, December 17 from 2 to 4 p.m. on both days.
* New Covenant Tabernacle Food Pantry, 345 McConkey Drive, Buffalo, 14223, Tuesday, December 8 and Tuesday, December 22 from 10:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on both days.
* Hearts Harvest Food Pantry, 890 Tonawanda St, Buffalo, 14207, Tuesday, December 8 and Tuesday, December 22 from 12:30 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. on both days.
* Catholic Charities Lackawanna, 75 Caldwell Place, Lackawanna, 14218, Thursday, December 10 and Thursday, December 17 from 10 a.m. to noon on both days.
* YWCA/Native American Community Services, 1005 Grant St., Buffalo, 14207, Thursday, December 10 from 1 to 3 p.m.
* West Side Community Services, 161 Vermont St., Buffalo, 14213, Tuesday, December 15 from 1 to 3 p.m.
* St. John de LaSalle Food Pantry, 8477 Buffalo Ave., Niagara Falls, 14304, Monday, December 21 from 1 to 3 p.m.
FeedMore WNY also will hold its regularly scheduled mobile food pantry distributions in Chautauqua and Cattaraugus counties during the month of December. A complete list of FeedMore WNY’s mobile food pantry times and locations for December 2020 can be found online here. FeedMore WNY also will post upcoming distributions on its Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages (@feedmorewny.org).
FeedMore WNY’s mobile food pantry distributions will provide community members with a variety of nutritious, perishable and nonperishable food items. In order to make it as easy as possible for individuals to receive food, participants simply will be asked to sign in at the distributions, in order to self-declare need.
“FeedMore WNY continues to do everything in its power to ensure our vulnerable community members of all ages, backgrounds and circumstances have enough nutritious food to eat, especially during this time of unprecedented need. We encourage anyone who may be in need of food assistance to call us at either (716) 822-2002 or (716) 852-1305. People also can learn more about our services online at www.feedmorewny.org,” Tara A. Ellis, president and CEO of FeedMore WNY, said.
FeedMore WNY’s mobile food pantry is one of many programs that FeedMore WNY uses to distribute nutritious food to those in need. Due to the pandemic, the nonprofit has added approximately 3,000 new clients to its Meals on Wheels program since March. FeedMore WNY’s member food pantries and soup kitchens in its network of hunger-relief partners throughout Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie and Niagara counties also continue to experience increases in need at their respective agencies.
According to Feeding America, the nationwide network of food banks of which FeedMore WNY is a member, as many as 219,400 individuals in FeedMore WNY’s four-county service area may be struggling with hunger due to the pandemic. FeedMore WNY gratefully accepts donations of food, funds and volunteerism. To donate or learn more, visit our donate or volunteer page.
about FeedMore WNY
FeedMore WNY offers dignity, hope and a brighter future by providing nutritious food, friendship and skills training to its Western New York neighbors in need. Through its Food Bank Distribution Center and partner hunger-relief agencies, as well as its Meals on Wheels and other targeted feeding programs, FeedMore WNY alleviates hunger and assists community members of all ages throughout Cattaraugus, Chautauqua, Erie and Niagara counties.
media contact information
For media inquiries regarding this news release, please contact Catherine Shick at email@example.com.